Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
retrografx

Create TSB for Sega master System

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the know how? of know how to copy and create the TSB or even the original Tecmo Bowl for the Sega Master System (SMS) so that it can play on a SMS emulator? is it even possible??

Why would you want to?

You can play TSB on a NES, gamecube, Wii, dreamcast, your computer, a PSP and probably a few other machines I am forgetting.

Why would you choose the sega master system?

I'm not sure it's possible to emulate the NES on the SMS.

I also don't understand the point or why you would even want to do this

Just to see if it's possible! I am using a flash cart to play the roms on the original hardware on both the NES and SMS, so just trying to see what the possibilitys are. Also would like to try it on the TG16.. no other reason than to see if it can be done!

I don't see why that would be a bad idea, it would be quite interesting to see what TSB would look like and play like on the Master System and Turbografx.

Edited by Justice Weller Colde

If you are wanting to port the NES version to another platform, how would it play any different?

The differences in 6502 and Z80 are quite substantial. It would be realistic to say that this will never be attempted. In theory, any of this is possible, but highly unlikely.

wouldnt want it to play any different, just would like to see if it can work.

It won't

Whew I got it to work, though there are some bugs to work out, it is very similar to the SupMarioBro clone for SMS (Super Boy1) everything moves very slow, and majorly off key.. working on perfecting it before I try to share it. I had to copy the tiles to the cloned version of the smb for the SMS so there is some major work to do. I hope I can do it, if not at least I have a way to get it started.

I would love to see screenshots or a video capture of this.

Well i took a screen shot to as far as i could get which is where the two teams playing eachother, after that the game restarts to the main menu and opening credits, everything moves in ultra slow motion. lots of bugs work out! just need lots of extra time 15 min a day is tuff to do much with.

I had to change the pic feature from "tga" to "bmp" to get it to open here.

I'll post here soon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By TheRaja
      Hey all. Im working on my yearly TFO Rom and last season I started to give away the prize of placing text on the Tecmo Blimp that appears at halftime. So since I have my notes and couldn't find this on the boards I wanted to post it for others... and so I won't lose it next season when I do this all again

So I like to think of the Tecmo Blimp as having 2 Lines of 10 "Spots". These spots are filled in with 8x8 pixel images. There are 16 available characters to use in these spots (not counting spaces). You would need to go in and EDIT these with your own images/letters/characters to appear on the blimp and one could have MORE spots by doing some edits on their own but I stick with the 16 as I haven't had an issue with it.

I know there is more "real estate" on the blimp that could be used but since it shares a pallet with the background clouds I just stick with the two 10 character lines.

CHARACTER GRAPHIC SPOTS (17 total counting Space/Blank)
      03 = Space/Blank (DO NOT OVERWRITE)
      0B = Left Part of Helmet Icon
      0F = Right Part of Helmet Icon
      1D = E (blue)
      37 = C (blue)
      39 = T (blue)
      3D = M (blue)
      3E = O (blue)
      3F = S (pink)
      41 = U (pink)
      42 = P (pink)
      43 = E (pink)
      44 = R (pink)
      45 = B (pink)
      46 = O (pink)
      47 = W (pink)
      48 = L (pink)

SPOTS AVAILABLE ON THE BLIMP (2 Lines of 10)
      1ST: LINE: 0x1446c   0x1446d   0x1447b   0x1447c   0x1447d   0x1447e   0x1448c   0x1448d   0x1448e   0x1448f
      2ND LINE: 0x14470   0x14471   0x1447f   0x14480   0x14481   0x14482   0x14490   0x14491   0x14492   0x14493

PALLET LOCATION (3 colors)
      BLUE: 0x1a02d
      PINK:  0x1a02e
      WHITE:  0x1a02f (DO NOT CHANGE)
      [Recommended not to mess with the white as the rest of the blimp's white spots share the same pallet as the clouds in the background]

Attached is TFO 2016's Blimp Have fun!!!!

• By Tecmo man
      this is my version of tsb its not completed the oilers have random players from the panthers jags texans and ravens since i cant add teams but other than that its random players in the year 1990
      my custom tsb.nes
      my custom tsb op otto graphm edition.nes
    • By buck
      Ok, I have been up and down with SIM/SKP and have got SKP (teams that play season in the background) stats working almost perfect - the only problem is that the teams don't score enough touchdowns!

For example, I have RBs running for the right amount of carries and picking up the right amount of yards BUT, they are scoring TDs about 1/2 of what I would like them to.  Same as QBs.

*Question is:  Is there an (as of yet "undocumented") location in the ROM that essentially sets the SKP scoring ?  I want to DOUBLE the scoring, but keep the yards the same.

Note - I have tried many, many combinations of setting the values below to get what I want - and while in some scenarios I AM able to get the TDs and Points where I want them - but then the Yards are way off!!!

# Sim Points/Yardage Modifiers
      0x1703C-0x1703D # First Quarter/OT
      0x17F0D-0x17F0E # Second-Fourth Quarter
      # Sim Rushing/Punt Returning Modifiers
      0x180B3-0x180C3
      # Sim Passing/Receiving Modifiers
      0x180C3-0x180D3
      # Sim Defense Modifiers
      0x180D3-0x180E3
      # Sim Offense Modifiers
      0x180E3-0x180F3
      # Sim Kicking Modifiers
      0x180F3-0x18103
      # Sim Punting Modifiers
      0x18103-0x18113
      # Sim Pocket Modifiers
      0x18113-0x18117
      # Sim Kick Returning Modifiers
      0x18117-0x18127
    • By buck
      I was looking at the code that sits between the "team names/1st2nd3rd4th" and the "offensedefenseeastnorth, etc - the 0x1FC10 area...

I have never really known exactly what this chunk of code is, even though I have edited the heck out of team names, I have always just copied and pasted to make stuff work....

anyways, I just noticed that some code is different between the two roms, and I am wondering why.

on the CXROM 32-team rom, the code is:
      (at location 0x1FF90)
      D6D7B8D4D5D7D4D5D6DBDCDD

on the ORIGINAL 28-team rom, the code is:
      (at location 0x1FF4D, in this case)
      D6D7B8D4D5D7D8D9DADBDCDD

you can see where I bolded the code that is different.  can anyone explain?

• By buck
      as the subject says, I am looking for ideas to make onsides tougher for the kicking team to recover.  
      or is there a way to make the onside kick travel farther?

I have a rom where the teams are pretty fast and basically the kicking team is getting to the ball area so fast that they have a high percentage to recover the kick.  

I can't remember, but is the kickoff team code different for onside vs regular kick?  I will test in a little bit to find out.

some ideas that I have:
      add a "delay" to the kickoff team 
      move receiving team closer to ball
      make the onside kick travel a bit further....but how to do this?