Dlogs3

Sacramento, CA - 03/02/13 - Sacramento Tecmo Tournament

21 posts in this topic

Having a small tournament 16-32 players on March 2nd in Sacramento. Seeing what kind of intrest we have out here in Cali for Tecmo. Planning on larger tournament later in the year. Any intrest let me know. Thx!

Well its going to be March 2nd at 5pm its a friendly $5 buy-in as of now the location is at a private residence in Roseville, Ca (suburb near Sac) depending on amount of players venue may change. Just looking probably for 16 players but if we get more we can adjust 10 players are confirmed as of now.

Update- We have 14 confirmed players trying to get to 16. If 16 is reached there will be group play. 4 groups where top 2 in each group advance to single elimination 8 man bracket. So minimum of 3 games per player. Email bigtimerz3@yahoo.com for more details.

Edited by Dlogs3

Update- We have 14 confirmed players trying to get to 18. If 18 is reached there will be group play. 4 groups where top 2 in each group advance to single elimination 8 man bracket. So minimum of 3 games per player. Email bigtimerz3@yahoo.com for more details.

Great to hear...this will somehow be the first organized California tournament on this site

That's pretty amazing that the most populous state in the union has yet to have a Tecmo tournament posted on this site.

Come to think of it, has Texas or Florida ever had a tournament?

where is this taking place in Sac?

Sorry, I won't be joining- I am running a race that day.  I was going to perhaps stop on by if if was at a bar or such.  

Thanks for the info.  GL

We got 16 confirmed but please still feel free to email me as we plan on building on from this tournament and making Cali a home of some great Tecmo tournaments!

wish I would have seen this earlier. Keep me posted, I live in Reno and Sac would be the closest tournament by far.

Tournament was huge success. Planning on bigger tourney in a few months at a local sports bar in Elk Grove, Ca. Please email me bigtimerz3@yahoo.com or like the group West Coast Tecmo on facebook. Thanks!

The link above has the winner. Don't think anyone is an online player.

Its picking up speed out here in Cali and have plans for a larger tournament in the coming months. Also there is a group of us that will be attending Madison next year to represent California!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DT.
      Here we go. We're actually doing it. We're gonna let Johnny Johnson run wild in the Beaver (state).

SirTed and I will be crossing the mighty Columbia to bring the Tecmo heat into the Rose City. Even though Gripsmoke and Tailback King are the only Tecmoers to make much noise out of P-town (one with his play, the other with his spray), they are both HOFers, and Oregon is due for some hot Tecmo action.

WHEN
      January 28th, 2017
      (The Saturday between the Conference Championships and the Superbowl)

WHERE
      Ground Kontrol 511 NW Couch St, Portland, OR 97029
      (The first Bar-Arcade I was ever aware of... or we might hold it somewhere else... we ain't hollered at them yet)

WHAT
      Tecmo Super Bowl... and more...
      (get some)

WYMAN
      well...

Seattle has juice and Centralia is... centrally located, but it's time to mix it up and let Portland get some shine. The City of Roses. Bridgetown. Rip City. PDX. One of the jewels of the region and home to something in the sports world we are sorely lacking in Seattle- NBA Basketball.

Ted and I will be parlaying our journey South into Friday Night Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trailblazers action 1/27. Hope you can join us.

AND This tournament will not just be a Tecmo Super Bowl showdown. In honor of Clyde the Glide, Terry Porter, and Rick Adelman's mustache, this event will also feature a Tecmo NBA Basketball Tournament. RIP CITY

WHERE YOU AT TBK!? LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(as if there was any doubt... I'm already putting you on the list, best make it happen)

1. Gripsmoke
      2. Tailback King
      3. DT
      4. SirTed 
      5. Kamphuna
      6. Manyo
      7. Tick
      8. Xtra Largent
      9. '91 Huskies
      10. The Walrus
      11. WHO ELSE??

Shout out your presence here in the forum or message me or SirTed up! This is your chance to be a part of the FIRST MAJOR PORTLAND TECMO Tournament and the FIRST TECMO NBA BASKETBALL Tournament!
    • By TecmoSuperFan
      After the somewhat successful return of my All Time rom, i got a request to do a Genesis 2016-2017 rom. Naturally due to the limitations set upon the genesis version, it's impossible to do a 32 team rom. So i'm going to go with what i have and make this season with what teams are on here. I might do a second version replacing the Browns with the Ravens, but i'm on the fence at the moment.

On a side note, if for some reason the Bills make the Super Bowl, i hope Carpenter does not miss a game winning field goal. Don't want a case of the Christie curse, lol
    • By fatcheerleader
      View File TSB NCAA 2016
      My TSB NCAA 2016 is for this upcoming year.  EA always being a year ahead is dumb.  This rom is complete and I don't see me making any updated versions in the near future.  My teams were ranked according to Phil Steele's Annual Magazine Pre-Season Poll.  I used bruddog's thread ranking the teams for MAN games and Phil Steele's Unit Rankings to compare and determine which NCAA team should get which Original TSB offense and defense.  I did all the names for every player and the depth charts (from early July) according to Ourlads site and for the gaps I used Phil Steele's Magazine again. 

RANK - NCAA (TSB OFF/DEF)
      1.  Florida State (BUF/MIN)
      2.  Alabama (RAM/CHI)
      3.  Oklahoma (PHI/RAI)
      4.  LSU (RAI/PIT)
      5.  Clemson (SF/RAM)
      6.  Ohio State (DEN/TB)
      7.  Tennessee (DET/WAS)
      8.  Washington (GB/NYG)
      9.  Notre Dame (DEN/DAL)
      10.  Stanford (SD/SF)
      11.  Texas Christian (DAL/MIA)
      12.  Michigan (CHI/KC)
      13.  Michigan State (PIT/NYJ)
      14.  Iowa (IND/DEN)
      15.  UCLA (MIA/CIN)
      16.  Boise State (WAS/SEA)
      17.  Ole Miss (TB/HOU)
      18.  Baylor (CIN/IND)
      19.  Miami (KC/DAL)
      20.  Houston (SEA/NE)
      21.  Louisville (NYJ/ATL)
      22.  Nebraska (TB/NO)
      23.  Georgia (NYG/DET)
      24.  Texas (CLE/RAM)
      25.  Southern Cal (HOU/PHI)
      26.  UNC (DAL/CLE)
      27.  Auburn (MIN/PHX)
      28.  Texas A&M (ATL/KC)
      29.  Penn State (NO/GB)
      30.  Florida (NE/SD)
      31.  Wisconsin (PHX/BUF)
      32.  Northwestern (WORST)

Schedule:
      Week 1 Last year's Bowl Games
      Week 2 Last year's National Championship (ALA-CLM)
      Week 3  Biggest Non-Conference games of 2016 (Basically, Week 1 of this season.)
      Week 4-6  Other Non-Conference games
      Week 7-12  Same Conference, Other Divisions
      Week 13-15  Divisional Games
      Week 16  Rival Week
      Week 17 Conference Championships - based on Phil Steele's Predictions (I added a Big12 Title Game because they should have one.)

Other Features:
      NCAA Graphics
      Phil Steele's Pre-Season Rankings are on each teams mini helmet (Thanks to Proads26)
      Worst Possible TSB Roster - Northwestern Wildcats (Thanks to Bodom)
      Pro Bowl = Army vs. Navy - Theme and Colors (Even Teams - TB Offense & KC Defense)

Notes:
      I don't have the time or really care about skin color or faces, other than some of the starting QB/RB/WR/TE and a few star DEF players, so other players faces and skin color may be off.  The OL starting five is right for each team but are out of position as I forgot Ourlads order was different than TSB's.  Oh well.

Sorry to fans of Army, Navy, Oregon, Oklahoma State, South Florida, Pittsburgh, Air Force, Mississippi State, Cincinnati, Utah, Arizona State, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Western Michigan and BYU as they didn't make the cut.  Oregon seems to be the only team that you could argue should be in the game but Phil Steele projects that UCLA, USC, Washington and Stanford will all have better years this season and the PAC12 only gets 4 teams in my game.  Sorry ducks - maybe pick 1 uniform and stick with it.

Thank you for all you've done for me and the TSB community:  Knobbe, bodom, davefmurray, Maynard_G_Krebs, Jstout, Cxrom, BAD_AL, buck, bruddog, xplozv, Elway, TecmoTurd, drummer4god, Proads26, Brinky274, drunken_honkey, Hurricane55, Tecmo Psycho, philleyOphish, mort237, QBEagles, slim_jimmy7, Bad Moon Rison, BO FB Offtackle Left, MRTECMOSUPERBOWL, averagetsbplayer, TDO, meat, rewhawl, and everyone that lives in Wisconsin.

ZIPPED:
      2 Versions:
      TSB NCAA 2016 Vanilla - Original TSB style
      TSB NCAA 2016 Juiced - 16-0 Every Week
      Read Me

Submitter fatcheerleader Submitted 08/12/2016 Category Partial Hacks  
    • By fatcheerleader
      My TSB NCAA 2016 is for this upcoming year.  EA always being a year ahead is dumb.  This rom is complete and I don't see me making any updated versions in the near future.  My teams were ranked according to Phil Steele's Annual Magazine Pre-Season Poll.  I used bruddog's thread ranking the teams for MAN games and Phil Steele's Unit Rankings to compare and determine which NCAA team should get which Original TSB offense and defense.  I did all the names for every player and the depth charts (from early July) according to Ourlads site and for the gaps I used Phil Steele's Magazine again. 

RANK - NCAA (TSB OFF/DEF)
      1.  Florida State (BUF/MIN)
      2.  Alabama (RAM/CHI)
      3.  Oklahoma (PHI/RAI)
      4.  LSU (RAI/PIT)
      5.  Clemson (SF/RAM)
      6.  Ohio State (DEN/TB)
      7.  Tennessee (DET/WAS)
      8.  Washington (GB/NYG)
      9.  Notre Dame (DEN/DAL)
      10.  Stanford (SD/SF)
      11.  Texas Christian (DAL/MIA)
      12.  Michigan (CHI/KC)
      13.  Michigan State (PIT/NYJ)
      14.  Iowa (IND/DEN)
      15.  UCLA (MIA/CIN)
      16.  Boise State (WAS/SEA)
      17.  Ole Miss (TB/HOU)
      18.  Baylor (CIN/IND)
      19.  Miami (KC/DAL)
      20.  Houston (SEA/NE)
      21.  Louisville (NYJ/ATL)
      22.  Nebraska (TB/NO)
      23.  Georgia (NYG/DET)
      24.  Texas (CLE/RAM)
      25.  Southern Cal (HOU/PHI)
      26.  UNC (DAL/CLE)
      27.  Auburn (MIN/PHX)
      28.  Texas A&M (ATL/KC)
      29.  Penn State (NO/GB)
      30.  Florida (NE/SD)
      31.  Wisconsin (PHX/BUF)
      32.  Northwestern (WORST)

Schedule:
      Week 1 Last year's Bowl Games
      Week 2 Last year's National Championship (ALA-CLM)
      Week 3  Biggest Non-Conference games of 2016 (Basically, Week 1 of this season.)
      Week 4-6  Other Non-Conference games
      Week 7-12  Same Conference, Other Divisions
      Week 13-15  Divisional Games
      Week 16  Rival Week
      Week 17 Conference Championships - based on Phil Steele's Predictions (I added a Big12 Title Game because they should have one.)

Other Features:
      NCAA Graphics
      Phil Steele's Pre-Season Rankings are on each teams mini helmet (Thanks to Proads26)
      Worst Possible TSB Roster - Northwestern Wildcats (Thanks to Bodom)
      Pro Bowl = Army vs. Navy - Theme and Colors (Even Teams - TB Offense & KC Defense)

Notes:
      I don't have the time or really care about skin color or faces, other than some of the starting QB/RB/WR/TE and a few star DEF players, so other players faces and skin color may be off.  The OL starting five is right for each team but are out of position as I forgot Ourlads order was different than TSB's.  Oh well.

Sorry to fans of Army, Navy, Oregon, Oklahoma State, South Florida, Pittsburgh, Air Force, Mississippi State, Cincinnati, Utah, Arizona State, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Western Michigan and BYU as they didn't make the cut.  Oregon seems to be the only team that you could argue should be in the game but Phil Steele projects that UCLA, USC, Washington and Stanford will all have better years this season and the PAC12 only gets 4 teams in my game.  Sorry ducks - maybe pick 1 uniform and stick with it.

Thank you for all you've done for me and the TSB community:  Knobbe, bodom, davefmurray, Maynard_G_Krebs, Jstout, Cxrom, BAD_AL, buck, bruddog, xplozv, Elway, TecmoTurd, drummer4god, Proads26, Brinky274, drunken_honkey, Hurricane55, Tecmo Psycho, philleyOphish, mort237, QBEagles, slim_jimmy7, Bad Moon Rison, BO FB Offtackle Left, MRTECMOSUPERBOWL, averagetsbplayer, TDO, meat, rewhawl, and everyone that lives in Wisconsin.

ZIPPED:
      2 Versions:
      TSB NCAA 2016 Vanilla - Original TSB style
      TSB NCAA 2016 Juiced - 16-0 Every Week
      Read Me

• By MrNFL
      View File Tecmo Football Legends 2016
      The Tecmo Football Legends rom for the SNES features the top team from 28 NFL franchises.   The teams span seven decades and include 17 Super Bowl champions, five NFL champions, two AFL champions and four conference champions.   Play against the best to find out who the best is!

Teams included:
      1990 Buffalo Bills
      1958 Baltimore Colts
      1972 Miami Dolphins
      2004 New England Patriots
      1968 New York Jets
      1988 Cincinnati Bengals
      1964 Cleveland Browns
      1961 Houston Oilers
      1975 Pittsburgh Steelers
      1998 Denver Broncos
      1969 Kansas City Chiefs
      1976 Oakland Raiders
      1963 San Diego Chargers
      2000 Baltimore Ravens
      1992 Dallas Cowboys
      1986 New York Giants
      1960 Philadelphia Eagles
      1952 Detroit Lions
      1991 Washington Redskins
      1985 Chicago Bears
      2013 Seattle Seahawks
      1962 Green Bay Packers
      1969 Minnesota Vikings
      2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      2015 Carolina Panthers
      1999 St. Louis Rams
      2009 New Orleans Saints
      1984 San Francisco 49ers

The default schedule has 13 weeks of conference play, with all teams playing once, followed by AFC vs NFC in the final three weeks. 

Submitter MrNFL Submitted 04/26/2016 Category SNES