Baseball Stars

GRG

I've figured out some more information, so I'm making a new topic under hacking documentation covering everything.

To update the names/attributes, do a search for the player's name, immediatly after the name is the attributes. We'll use the American Dreams and Pete (Rose) as an example:

after his name is 81E8CE4803240A

81 is his batting hand/stance. The 8 means he is LH, change to 0 for RH. The 1 means he has a croutching stance, change to 0 for a normal stance, or change to 2 for a tall stance.

E8CE48 is his attributes

E=hitting

8=batting

C=running

E=defense

4=luck

8=prestige

(remember hexadecial: A=10, B=11, C=12, etc)

0324 is his average

0A (ten) is his homeruns

The pitchers' attributes are after the last batter on the said team. For example, the american dreams' pitchers are at x11504.

00FFC8OC0155 is Sandie

80EFAA080143 is Cy

For Sandie: 00 is his hand/delivery. The first 0 makes him RH, change to 8 for LH. The second 0 means he holds the ball behind his back on the mound, change to 1 to make him hold the ball at his side, change to 2 for side arm.

FFC80C is his attributes. There is no prestige attribute for pitchers, they all have a 0. Whatever you give them for prestige on batting will be the same for pitching.

0155 is his era.

the positions start at 1310A with the american dreams, then ninja blacksox, brave warriors, etc

they're arranged in order of the batting order.

using american dreams as example:

04 is pete 2B

02 is babe CA

08 is joe CF

07 is hank LF

09 is lefty RF

03 is willie 1B

05 is jay 3B

06 is jacks SS

01 is the pitcher

after the ninth batter is 05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C. This is the players spot in the batting order. (Notice there are 8 hexadecimals) So 05 is the leadoff man and 0C is the 8th batter.

If you only change the positions for the first eight spots (04,02,08,07,09,03,05,06) the cpu will switch the catcher back to his original spot. So the best thing to do is leave the catcher in his original spot when you're editing the players... For example, say your making the american dreams into the yankees and you want Posada to bat 6th. Edit Babe to be Posada. Then when you go to edit the positions, put the first 8 players the way you want the batting order, with the 6th batter being the catcher (02). When you get to 05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C switch 06 and 0A. (the 2nd and the 6th guys in the batting order). Now Posada will be the catcher batting 6th and the cpu will not change his position.

This is useful because the game will freeze if you try to simulate a cpu-cpu tournament game with the catcher in the wrong spot.

If you only play man vs. man games, it's not a big deal.

uniforms for the field and running the bases start at 1FD72

16 12 is the american dreams where 16 is the uniform and 12 is the hat

skip 2 spaces to 3F 3F which is the ninja blacksox.

skip another 2 spaces to 13 04 which is the brave warriors

skip another 2 spaces for the next team, etc

uniforms for the batter's box start at 1FDCE with the american dreams

16 06 3F 0F 36 12 3F 0F 16 12

16 is the uniform color and 06 is the outline

skip to the 12 which is the hat color

skip to 16 12 which is the colors for the pitcher

skip 7 spaces to 3F 3F 3F 0F 36 3F 3F 0F 3F 3F which is the ninja black sox

same pattern as above

skip another 7 spaces for the brave warriors, etc

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info GRG.

I hacked a Baseball Stars rom this summer and I had the problem with the game freezing during cpu vs. cpu games.

Here's a link to a stat sheet. During a season, if you copy the certain string of bytes from an FCE UXD save (the link should list which ones), and paste them on this excel sheet and then it lists the stats on the spread sheet.

Also you can copy the same bytes with state saves from other emulators and use the spreadsheet, it's just that different emulators organize their state saves differently so you will have to find the same block of bytes at a different location. It's not hard when you open it up in a hex editor to find the same string, just at a different location.

It could be useful for starting a league because you could use state saves to keep track of stats.

http://www.geocities.com/heiankyo794/bb ... ysheet.xls

Also, thanks for posting the uniform colors for both the batter's box and the field. That was the most confusing part for me and took the longest to figure out when I hacked it.

I uploaded my rom based on Star Wars and some other MLB teams to this database awhile back, but it has that catcher bug on it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

using the pete example again

x1143A = 370481E8CE4803240A

37 is his picture. Women are 04 to 1E.

81 is the batting stance. Change the 1 to 3 or 4 for a woman. 3 is the tall bat stance 4 is the croutch stance.

• 8 years later...
  • 10 months later...