http://www.blackstoneirishpub.com/

Email Pete:

[email protected]

or call:

203 410 5589

to reserve a spot in the tournament or for additional information

11am start time - ?

25 have already confirmed - have room for 25 more

Please let us know if can bring NES consoles, controllers, cartridges - bring as many as possibly can in cae of equipment failure

Transportation:

Blackstone is located at the junction of I-84 & 691 if driving & 10 Minutes from 91 if traveling from Mass, VT, Maine, Canada, North Pole

it's approx 1 hour & 30 minute drive from NYC, 1 hour & 20 min drive from Boston

ALso Bradley INT Airport is a 20 minute drive from Blackstone

New Haven trainstation is a 25 minute drive - easiest way to get there is take Metro NOrth train from New York CIty - we can/will pick & dorp ppl back off after at the NH Train station free of charge.

Please contact me as well as Pete for info:

[email protected]

Edited by arncoem

This Tournamnet is growing bigger and BIGGER by the day! We have spent close to $1,000.00 on Systems, Games, Controllers, Fliers and boards. We want this to be THE Tecmo Tournament. We already have participants from CT, NY, PA, MD, RI and Maine. We have an "in" with ESPN and we are trying hard to get an ESPN anchor to this tournament. I believe we can do it. This is a must for any Tecmo Bowl player to test his skills.

Sincerely,

CubanTecmo

President of Cuban Tecmo Bowl 5

This Tournamnet is growing bigger and BIGGER by the day! We have spent close to $1,000.00 on Systems, Games, Controllers, Fliers and boards. We want this to be THE Tecmo Tournament. We already have participants from CT, NY, PA, MD, RI and Maine. We have an "in" with ESPN and we are trying hard to get an ESPN anchor to this tournament. I believe we can do it. This is a must for any Tecmo Bowl player to test his skills.

Sincerely,

CubanTecmo

President of Cuban Tecmo Bowl 5

Are you the "hockey mask guy" from Madison?

Players that have entered into the Tournament so far:

Pete Dorsey Erik Merliss Francis Buennagel (Mort) Louis Buennagel Brian NY Chris Esposito

Dave Martell

Pete Destefano

Mike Gombar Jayme Dominello John Kaz Rick Lapin Mark Oleyar Dj Defipilippo Curtis Isom Dennis Dougherty Tommy Patile Kevin Webster John Ford Mike Cetola Wil Kablik Patrick Blanchard David Tompson

Dave Murray. YES. Super Tecmo Bowl. Stop trying to hack other people's page to promote your lame rendition of Tecmo. NEXT.

Knobbe. Yeah def a crazy local helping to build Super Tecmo Bowl in the North East. You should swing by.

Louis. I have been called the Don King of fighting too but the problem is I always end up in one. Lol. and thanks.

Curtis. Can't wait to see you there.

Pete Dorsey Wallingford CT Erik Merliss Wallingford CT Francis Buennagel (Mort) Buffalo NY Louis Buennagel Buffalo NY Brian NY Queens NY Chris Esposito Wallingford CT Dave Martell Wallingford CT Jayme Dominello Wallingford CT John Kaz Naugatuck CT Rick Lapin Trumbull CT Mark Oleyar Trumbull CT Dj Defipilippo Trumbull CT Curtis Isom MD Dennis Dougherty MD Tommy Patile MD Kevin Webster John Ford Wallingford CT Mike Cetola Southington CT Wil Kablik New Britian CT Patrick Blanchard Westchester NY David Tompson Pete Destefano Wallingford CT Jeff Milford

PA

Hey Louis - You can choose the same matchup 1 time in pool play & again 1 time in the bracket.

If your opponent picks the same matchup that you picked in a previous round then it's ok & you can be the same team vs the same team again but the winner of the coin flip who chooses the matchup can choose the same 2 teams only once.

• 2 weeks later...

2012 Cuban Tecmo Bowl results:

1st Place: Mort

2nd Place: DJ (Trumbull CT)

3rd Place: Brian Rausse (Queens, NY)

4th Place: Erik Merliss

all tournament action will be posted via recap on Monday 12/3

congrats Mort & thanks to everyone for showing up!

Turnout was perfect @ Blackstone - the new Tecmo Stadium in CT

wow that was a hell of a tournament. my thanks to pete dorsey and erik merliss for running a great tournanment. I really like the "tecmo road dawg" award that me and mort got. I never seen such huge and dynamic first place trophy...im so jealous that i didnt win it though. Congrats to mort for his victory. I won 3 pool play games (one was ot win)...but lost in the first round. it was by far my worst game ive played ina long time....i dont want to think about it. Ive got to figure how to be more consienant player...im too streaky. I cant belive im saying this (being longtime console player)...but i think im going try to play "online"...in order seek out more competion.

Thanks to everyone for a succesful tournamnet. As I mentioned we hit alot of firsts in this tournament. No Tecmo championship (or game) has ever been played on a 159" TV!! We also had the first ever Cuban Tecmo Bowl Hall of Fame inductee's. Congratulations to Mort and Erik. In addition to that we gave away THE BEST trophies in any tournamnet period. Mort can attest to that. I have had overwhelming support and praise for how fast and well run the tournament was run and that makes me proud. Thanks again to everyone and stay tuned for a NEW Tecmo web site with stats and records from all regions etc.

Thanks to everyone for a succesful tournamnet. As I mentioned we hit alot of firsts in this tournament. No Tecmo championship (or game) has ever been played on a 159" TV!! We also had the first ever Cuban Tecmo Bowl Hall of Fame inductee's. Congratulations to Mort and Erik. In addition to that we gave away THE BEST trophies in any tournamnet period. Mort can attest to that. I have had overwhelming support and praise for how fast and well run the tournament was run and that makes me proud. Thanks again to everyone and stay tuned for a NEW Tecmo web site with stats and records from all regions etc.

Sounds like it turned out great! Gotta love the great New England/New York Tecmo tournament culture being built!

Just framed my hall of fame letter on my wall. great tourney. awesome awards and promotion. Very well ran and should grow each year. exhausting trip back kept me from posting earlier.

As for my games it all went about as expected. the suprise was Mia vs KC. Brian beat me with that matchup and a lot of bad kc conditioning. then erik nearly got me. never seen marino have such great games and it should have eliminated me. but my luck carried me past erik on two big jj's to comeback for a win.

Championship was against a surpise entrant. Dj played great but his reliance on jj's and guessing run plays made it quite simple to get by him.

my only disspointment was the 159 screen. did not feel right. game felt too fast. i think in the future the two players should play on a normal tv via the rf adapater. then use the audio visual adapter or a splitter to send the same signal to the big screen. not sure if it would work but I think the game play would work better if it did. but the big screen ideal seemed to pump up the crowd and the people not there for tecmo. we just need to make it work better and we might have something that can really pump up the crowd for the last few games of the tourney.