Okay football historians...

Bleak5170

...here's one for you. I am a big fan of the NFL especially the late 80s/early 90s. That's when most of my favourite players were still playing. Anyway, i just noticed that Gary Reasons is on the '92 Browns in TSB II. Now as far as i know, Reasons was playing for the Giants in 1992, and in fact spent his entire career there. Is this just a flat-out mistake by Tecmo or is there something i don't know?

Gary Reasons never played for the Browns. The Giants LB's who did were Carl Banks (94-95) and Pepper Johnson (93-95). The copy of TSB II for the snes I have doesn't even have Gary Reasons in it at all. I have no idea if there are other versions of the game out there, but looks like a fluke.

Gary Reasons never played for the Browns. The Giants LB's who did were Carl Banks (94-95) and Pepper Johnson (93-95). The copy of TSB II for the snes I have doesn't even have Gary Reasons in it at all. I have no idea if there are other versions of the game out there, but looks like a fluke.

Interesting. Gary is one of my favourite players and i was pretty damn sure he didn't even have a try-out with the Browns. Now i'm really curious as to what other differences there may be between our versions on TSB II.

Do you have the cartridge TSB II or the rom version? I also am not seeing Gary Reasons in TSB II as he didn't crack the top 5 LBs on the Giant's squad.

I'm talking about the SNES cartridge version of TSB II. I just checked the rom and you're right - he's definitely not in there. Keep in mind, he's on the Cleveland Browns in my cartridge version - not the Giants. I've written down the entire defensive lineup from the '92 Browns, and i'm going to check it against the console version when i get home.

Okay damnit, i'm a moron. Reasons is actually on the BENGALS in TSB II - not the Browns. But my original point still stands - Tecmo screwed up. I'm kind of glad though because he's still one of my favourite players and it's nice to see him in there,(even if it makes no sense whatsoever).

Since 1992 and 1993 were past rosters, Tecmo should have those dead on.

Gary Reasons was a Bengal in 1992 -> http://nflarchives.com/seasons/bengals/1992.htm

I'm guessing that the Bengals traded for him and then he retired or was injured.

Damn, good find man. I was just on that site this morning and i thought i should check but i didn't bother. I usually use a different site for my NFL info and it had no mention of him being on the Bengals.

But i agree - seeing as those are past rosters, there's no "reason" why they shouldn't be almost perfect.

According to my football encyclopedia, Reasons played 12 games for the Bengals in 1992. Another thing I noticed once when playing an snes Tecmo is that they had Chuck Cecil as a backup safety on the Browns or some other team that he is not listed in my encyclopedia. According to it, he played for Green Bay 1988-1992, then Phoenix in 1993 and Houston in 1995, and I think the tsb that has him on a weird team is in that 1994 season where nothing is listed.

According to my football encyclopedia, Reasons played 12 games for the Bengals in 1992. Another thing I noticed once when playing an snes Tecmo is that they had Chuck Cecil as a backup safety on the Browns or some other team that he is not listed in my encyclopedia. According to it, he played for Green Bay 1988-1992, then Phoenix in 1993 and Houston in 1995, and I think the tsb that has him on a weird team is in that 1994 season where nothing is listed.

Your encyclopedia is wrong my friend. Reasons played 12 games for the Giants in 1992. As for Cecil, he's on the 93 Cardinals in TSB II but i have no idea why.

Who is Gary Reasons? Maybe I should get my mind off baseball for a while...

The unheralded member of the Giant's great LB corps from the mid to late 80s. He is infamous in TSB for his leaping interceptions due to his insane Interception rating. He had 3 picks in real life that year which may have led to his inflated rating.

The reason that Reasons didn't play long for the Bengals was because he twisted Dave Shula's cap on national TV during a game. He was cut a short time later. I'm still trying to track down how he actually came to the Bengals.

The reason that Reasons didn't play long for the Bengals was because he twisted Dave Shula's cap on national TV during a game. He was cut a short time later. I'm still trying to track down how he actually came to the Bengals.

Are you serious?? :roll: I still don't understand this though because i remember him playing for the Giants in '92. He was a back-up but he was still playing for NY.

I had another football book, that was quite thick filled with the players #'s, names etc. etc. This book was better than Total Football. I can't find the damn thing though, and they don't have it in print as far as I know. The book had Terrell Davis on the cover. Does anyone know of this book as well?

I had another football book, that was quite thick filled with the players #'s, names etc. etc. This book was better than Total Football. I can't find the damn thing though, and they don't have it in print as far as I know. The book had Terrell Davis on the cover. Does anyone know of this book as well?

I probably know which one you're talking about. I used to have boxes of football books and magazines that i had to give away when i moved one time. If i can go back in time i never would have done that because that stuff is impossible to find now.

I probably know which one you're talking about. I used to have boxes of football books and magazines that i had to give away when i moved one time. If i can go back in time i never would have done that because that stuff is impossible to find now.

Don't those books get outdated the year after you get them? I have some sports books from the '90s that I never look at and would love to sell for chump change.