THE TOP '10' offensive players in SUPER Tecmobowl

(1 JOHNNY JOHNSON ~can play ANY position on offense except QB, exceptionally well. The total package...can be used in ANY situation on offense...can score from anywhere on the field...NUFSAID.

(2 Randall Cunningham ~If you know how to use this guy to his full potential...possibility's are limitless. The most dangerous player in the game.

(3 Bo Jackson ~The fastest exceleration from stopped to full speed in the game, besides Barry Sanders...except Bo's top out is faster. Look out!

(4 Christian Okoye ~His strength and speed combo is unparalleled. His inhability to catch is made up for by his freakish athletic ability.

(5 Dan Marino ~Throws perfectly accurate pinnpoint lasers that can hit his receivers in the numbers from anywhere on the field...at any moment or time in the game.

(6~10 will be finished this afternoon...gotta go!!!) (feel free to add!!!)

...........O.k., I'm back.

(6 O.J. Anderson ~a juggernaut at fullback & tailback, It almost seems unfair to opponents that he is on a team that would be still be one of the best without him.

(7 Jerry Rice ~the only guy I know in the game that can consitantly catch with double coverage...then have the speed & power to score. (Y.A.C.)

(8 Barry Sanders ~could've been higher on the list but there's so many great players, I guess it comes down to personal experience. His full speed cutbacks are unstoppable...even on blitzes.

(9 Marion Butts ~best fullback in the game hands down...strong, and breakneck straight line speed. One of the only 4 players I'v ever rushed for over 4,000 yards in a season with. (other 3: Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, & Johnny Johnson)

(10 Herschel Walker ~Mr. "Do It All"...can carry the ball, return kicks, and punts, and lead the league in all three catagories...almost seems to run better if you have him returning kicks...would be higher on the list if injuries & fumbling after long runs wasn't an issue.

.....................There's my list, top it if you can.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

I hope this was meant as a joke

No doubt:

I mean, one might be emotionally-attached to J.J. - like, "The King" to Burger King - but that doesn't mean he's the best.

(I prefer me some Wendy's meat, personally.)

And, when IS the repository's Tecmo-HOF going to be announced, anyway?....

Edited by ToonSpielmanODFaves

But seriously.... A more realistic top ten would probably be...

WR's: Jerry Rice SF, Shannon Sharpe GB

RB's: Bo Jackson Oak (should not be able to play until week 8 when baseball is over), Thurman Thomas Buff, Barry Sanders Det.

QB's: Joe Montana SF, Dan Marino Mia, Warren Moon Hou, Jim Kelly Buff.

All-Around: If you want the best PR/KR/Pos player in the game perhaps Dave Meggett NYG or Mel Gray DET or Herschell Walker MInn

Best White Guy who was suppossed to be black but the Japs didn't do enough research to get this right; Johnny Johnson Phx.

You wouldn't think it was so funny if you where down 21 ta zipp in the first quarter.

When it comes down to it, the players don't play above their attributes. We've hacked the game enough to prove so.

We have leagues where we redraft the players....Johnny Johnson goes in the 3rd to 5th round depending on the year - http://www.puretecmo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=33260

All this doesn't mean you can't think that Johhny Johnson is the best player in TSB though.

All be the first one ta tell ya that Johnny Johnson was one of my ALL TIME favorite players growin' up.....all through my years of playin' football, even in college, he was a big insperation to me..............BUT..............some of the things he's done in Tecmobowl (at least for me) are not just playin' above his stats, but playin' above everybody's stats......You can ask the people who play up here in Portland.....no one player has got me more W's, won me more dough, or won me more tournaments among friends.....and don't get me wrong, I love the Cards, but there's not much to em' but a star runningback & a couple of stellar safties........Maybe I just subconsiously play harder & more focused when I'm the Cards cuzz there such underdoggs, but whatever it is, Johnny Johnson is the BEST (not just favorite, but player I'd put money on) player I'v ever used..........and if any of you guys wanna find out the hard way, consider this an invitation & an open challenge. When you get ripped for 250 yards & four touchdowns, don't say I didn't warn ya.

But seriously.... A more realistic top ten would probably be...

WR's: Jerry Rice SF, Shannon Sharpe GB

RB's: Bo Jackson Oak (should not be able to play until week 8 when baseball is over), Thurman Thomas Buff, Barry Sanders Det.

QB's: Joe Montana SF, Dan Marino Mia, Warren Moon Hou, Jim Kelly Buff.

All-Around: If you want the best PR/KR/Pos player in the game perhaps Dave Meggett NYG or Mel Gray DET or Herschell Walker MInn

Best White Guy who was suppossed to be black but the Japs didn't do enough research to get this right; Johnny Johnson Phx.

Wow. One would think you bein' a Michigan fan and all, would have saved some room for Anthony Carter on your wide receivers list. He's as good if not better than anyone you named................even Shannon Sharpe. Ha hA Ha!!!

• 6 months later...

This is my first thread, and it seems long ago (in Tecmo years) but these guys are still my Top 10...I'm just curious to see some other people's opinions on who are their 'TOP 10'............and please justify why each of the players are on your list.  (could be a cool story, nostalgia, or just str8 facts)

I'm just curious to see some other people's opinions on who are their 'TOP 10

Top 10 offensive players... I'll state the obvious and also add in a few personal faves.

1. QB Eagles.  The most dominant player in the game, imo.  Pick his play and he can still burn you...or dump it off to his 69 RC RB as a safety net.  Don't pick his play and you're in trouble.

2. Jerry Rice.  I'm pass heavy so I prefer WRs to RBs.  No one else compares to his MS/RC.  Also the greatest WR all time.

3. Bo Jackson.  75 MS - no other explanation necessary.  Bo Knows Tecmo.

4. Joe Montana.  Greatest player in NFL history (I'm partial to QBs).  And I think he gets snubbed in the "Best Tecmo Player" conversations.  He's as reliable as they come.  Tied w/ QB Bills for best PC in the game and he has a notch up on MS.  If it came down to a last attempt to tie/win a game with seconds left, I'd want him as my QB (and Rice as my WR)...unless I was in the red zone, then I'd take QB Eagles.

5. Barry Sanders.  Bo Jr. with 69 MS and best RB in NFL history, imo.

6. Drew Hill.  2nd best WR in the game.

7.  Neal Anderson/Brad Muster.  Have always loved this RB combo.  Best speed/power combo in the game. 

8. Marv Cook.  Because I had to throw a Patriot in here...and he's the only player that can do anything on that sh*tty offense.  IF you can get the ball to him.  The safety net on my favorite play (when picked) is a quick strike to the TE and since I use the Pats 95% of the time (or else the game is too easy) he has caught more passes for me than anyone else, ever.

9.  Christian Okoye.  Who doesn't love popcorning players up and down the field?  And his 63 RS and 75 RP make him the best power back in the game.

10.  John Alt.  Who?  LT KC Chiefs.  With 81 HP he's the strongest guy in the game.  Before Okoye starts popcorning LBs and DBs, he is popcorning DL and LBs.  Pick Run 1 with Okoye and watch what happens to the top OLB.  Had to give some love to an O Lineman...

Top 10 offensive players... I'll state the obvious and also add in a few personal faves.

1. QB Eagles.  The most dominant player in the game, imo.  Pick his play and he can still burn you...or dump it off to his 69 RC RB as a safety net.  Don't pick his play and you're in trouble.

2. Jerry Rice.  I'm pass heavy so I prefer WRs to RBs.  No one else compares to his MS/RC.  Also the greatest WR all time.

3. Bo Jackson.  75 MS - no other explanation necessary.  Bo Knows Tecmo.

4. Joe Montana.  Greatest player in NFL history (I'm partial to QBs).  And I think he gets snubbed in the "Best Tecmo Player" conversations.  He's as reliable as they come.  Tied w/ QB Bills for best PC in the game and he has a notch up on MS.  If it came down to a last attempt to tie/win a game with seconds left, I'd want him as my QB (and Rice as my WR)...unless I was in the red zone, then I'd take QB Eagles.

5. Barry Sanders.  Bo Jr. with 69 MS and best RB in NFL history, imo.

6. Drew Hill.  2nd best WR in the game.

7.  Neal Anderson/Brad Muster.  Have always loved this RB combo.  Best speed/power combo in the game. 

8. Marv Cook.  Because I had to throw a Patriot in here...and he's the only player that can do anything on that sh*tty offense.  IF you can get the ball to him.  The safety net on my favorite play (when picked) is a quick strike to the TE and since I use the Pats 95% of the time (or else the game is too easy) he has caught more passes for me than anyone else, ever.

9.  Christian Okoye.  Who doesn't love popcorning players up and down the field?  And his 63 RS and 75 RP make him the best power back in the game.

10.  John Alt.  Who?  LT KC Chiefs.  With 81 HP he's the strongest guy in the game.  Before Okoye starts popcorning LBs and DBs, he is popcorning DL and LBs.  Pick Run 1 with Okoye and watch what happens to the top OLB.  Had to give some love to an O Lineman...

Love this list.

I didn't go to 10, but if I did - I was going to throw New Orleans RT STAN BROCK on the list.

If we're talking about singular players (not tandems), the QBs and DBs rule.

Top 10 offense:

QB Eagles, Montana, Bo, Barry, Moon, QB Bills, QB Browns, Marino, Neal Anderson, Rice

Top 10 defense:

Haddix, Fulcher, Richard Johnson, LT, Woodson, Carrier, Deion, DT, Byrd, Waymer

If we're talking about singular players (not tandems), the QBs and DBs rule.

Top 10 offense:

QB Eagles, Montana, Bo, Barry, Moon, QB Bills, QB Browns, Marino, Neal Anderson, Rice

Top 10 defense:

Haddix, Fulcher, Richard Johnson, LT, Woodson, Carrier, Deion, DT, Byrd, Waymer

Spot on With Offense

Defense is off though. DT and Deion don't belong on the list. And can't have Byrd over Browner.

It should be (not in order):

Fulcher, Haddix, RJ, Carrier, Woodson,Browner, Mayhew, Waymer, LT, Lott.

DT perhaps not, but felt like I should put one more LB in the mix.  Deion is more valuable than Lott IMO due to the slight edges in INT and MS versus HP.  Browner may be better than Byrd, couldn't recall which had more HP between them and Mayhew/ Waymer....

Edited by rmm1976