Johnny Johnson is the best........

• 1 month later...

I see now why you think Johnny Johnson is the best RB in the game.

A few games into my season with the Cardinals I realized just how bad Timmm Rosebach and Tommm Tupa are.  So bad, that it really doesn't matter who is starting or who is in what condition, they are just horrible.  The rest of the Offense is pretty horrible too.  I would bomb one to a wide open Ernie Jones and he would just simply drop the pass.  I would find Roy Green wide open and the QB would just chuck the ball in the stands.  I found myself relying heavily on Johnnny Johnson.  I would run up, run down, run down, run up.............I would see WRs running wide open and I would find myself throwing the ball to Johnson so that he could run.

After a while, Johnson is racking up the yards and racking up the TDs, looks like an early lock for League MVP and he has "~Tailback King~" having wet dreams about him at night.  At this point JJ is your savior.  Without JJ, the Cards would be in the same category as the Colts or the Patriots.  So, I now see why you think he is so good.  Because he is good on a really bad team.  So, he looks like a star.  However, put Johnny Johnson on an offense with other 50+ms players and he suddenly looks like a normal guy.  Not this super savior in Pheonix.

So, long story short.  Johnny Johnson is good.  And he looks really good on the Cards.  But isn't better than any 56+ms back.

You wouldn't stop him at all if I was using him.....the Cardinals have the worst playbook in the history of Tecmobowl and seem to be set up by the creators predictable, and ready to lose...but lucky for me, I can change their plays, which makes it unlucky for opponents like you.

you are dumber then me.. congrats.. wow im lost for words.. i really hope your trolling because if you think johnny johnson is a good player you must really suck at tecmo.

ps: roger craig>johnny johnson

Edited by joeygats

you are dumber then me.. congrats.. wow im lost for words.. i really hope your trolling because if you think johnny johnson is a good player you must really suck at tecmo.

ps: roger craig>johnny johnson

You must REALLY suck at Tecmo if your team is the Niners...You're like the guy who's only 5 feet tall, but drives a monster truck on the street.....all bluff and no stuff.  You're considered a BEEYATCH if you use that team in any kind of betting or tournament play around here.  Using the Niners in competition vs someone else means only one of three things: 

1)  Your a punk a$$ Niners fan. (and nobody likes those)

2)  You use the cheapest, unflawed, bullS#!t team to mask the fact that in reality, you're not very good at the game.

3)  Your a new booty who saw your older brother playing Tecmo Superbowl and thought it looked cool...so you asked him, "Hey big bro, I'm only used to controllers with 40 buttons and 3 directional pads...this 2 button controller annoys and confuses me!!!  What team can I use to make it seem like I know what I'm doing, so I don't get embarrassed, and can look cool when I'm playing against you and your friends???..................

................Ha hA Ha!!!  I'll be willing to bet it's all three.     (p.s.   As much as I like Roger Craig...he ain't no Johnny Johnson in 1990...You better check yo Probowl backs)

Joeygats is talking about Roger Craig in isolation, he 's not talking about the Niners. If you had to choose a 50 ms back on a generic team, Johnny Johnson would not be the first name that came to mind. I'd take Roger Craig and Earnest Byner ahead of JJ, probably Gary Anderson as well. And that's not even mentioning Ottis Anderson and Okoye. So in terms of just 50 ms backs, Johnson ranks, what, 5th or 6th?

Joeygats is talking about Roger Craig in isolation, he 's not talking about the Niners. If you had to choose a 50 ms back on a generic team, Johnny Johnson would not be the first name that came to mind. I'd take Roger Craig and Earnest Byner ahead of JJ, probably Gary Anderson as well. And that's not even mentioning Ottis Anderson and Okoye. So in terms of just 50 ms backs, Johnson ranks, what, 5th or 6th?

it goes okoye, ottis, craig, byner, gary anderson then johnson.. this guy is a obvious troll and is not really here nor exist.

Incase you don't know who, or just remember him in Tecmobowl and not real life...Here's Johnny Johnsons' info.............This is a great site to look up any of the Tecmobowl Legends, or your old favorites..........It's also good for settling disputes, because it gives their stats.....just a lil' insider tip for ya'll.       

http://www.fanbase.com/Johnny-Johnson

I see now why you think Johnny Johnson is the best RB in the game.

A few games into my season with the Cardinals I realized just how bad Timmm Rosebach and Tommm Tupa are.  So bad, that it really doesn't matter who is starting or who is in what condition, they are just horrible.  The rest of the Offense is pretty horrible too.  I would bomb one to a wide open Ernie Jones and he would just simply drop the pass.  I would find Roy Green wide open and the QB would just chuck the ball in the stands.  I found myself relying heavily on Johnnny Johnson.  I would run up, run down, run down, run up.............I would see WRs running wide open and I would find myself throwing the ball to Johnson so that he could run.

After a while, Johnson is racking up the yards and racking up the TDs, looks like an early lock for League MVP and he has "~Tailback King~" having wet dreams about him at night.  At this point JJ is your savior.  Without JJ, the Cards would be in the same category as the Colts or the Patriots.  So, I now see why you think he is so good.  Because he is good on a really bad team.  So, he looks like a star.  However, put Johnny Johnson on an offense with other 50+ms players and he suddenly looks like a normal guy.  Not this super savior in Pheonix.

So, long story short.  Johnny Johnson is good.  And he looks really good on the Cards.  But isn't better than any 56+ms back.

Ahhhhhhh but he's anything but a normal player........normal players can't rush for 4,092 yards & 62 TD's....plus win the Superbowl..(my best season with him)...especially with a team you said was as sh!tty as Phoenix.  Great backs in this game in my personal experience can rush for over 3,000 yards...............LEGENDS can go over 4.  I can only count on one hand the number of backs that can do it.....Johnson's a LEGEND. 

who cares what they did in real life... how is that in any way relevant to what they do in tecmo?

It doesn't matter that JJ was your boyhood hero just as much as it doesn't matter that Vaughn Hebron was mine.

Vaughn Hebron???  There's your problem right there!!!  Didn't he play for Virgina Tech???  Did he even make the pro's???  Maybe as a kick returner because he couldn't have been more than 5'8 and a buck eighty.  You say how is it relevant???  How isn't it.  That was the 'Golden Era' in football and the same reason the game is still relevant today.

lol, okay, BUT..... I'm leaning more toward calling a PHX/SEA matchup, just so Chris "Kross" Warren can toast Johnny's jock on the postgame stats screen, WOOOORD!

20100429093852!KrissKross.jpg

Ha hA Ha.....that's HELLa funny!!!..........but in all seriousness, I REALLY hope you pick Seattle..........Anyone smart would bet on the malado.