Bruddog 11-12 Mega Hack version

bruddog

I have one follow-up question as I've noticed in testing (and now read) that the dynamic com vs. com hack slightly favors defense.  I think you said in another post that your sliding scale for the defensive player starts at 17% (chance of a popcorn) but it only starts at 10% for the offensive player. 

Can you tell me what I need to change to even the popcorn chances between offense and defense (like make them both start at 10% maybe)?  I changed 0E to 0A after the first C9 and that seemed to throw the balance of power a little more towards the offense but the action at the line of scrimmage happens so fast it's hard to tell what's really going on.

Thanks.

I have one follow-up question as I've noticed in testing (and now read) that the dynamic com vs. com hack slightly favors defense.  I think you said in another post that your sliding scale for the defensive player starts at 17% (chance of a popcorn) but it only starts at 10% for the offensive player. 

Can you tell me what I need to change to even the popcorn chances between offense and defense (like make them both start at 10% maybe)?  I changed 0E to 0A after the first C9 and that seemed to throw the balance of power a little more towards the offense but the action at the line of scrimmage happens so fast it's hard to tell what's really going on.

Thanks.

this should go in this thread:

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/8388-changing-the-differential-for-popcorning-dl-busting-through/

see post #16

also, I believe you want to look at the % as a fraction of /FF (or /256 in decimal)...ie, FF=100%, 0=0%,  80 (128 in decimal) = 50%.  in theory.

Edited by buck

Tecmonster. I'll have to dig into what i settled on the for the final version of this rom. They are probably SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT on this rom. 

Buck it doesn't work like that for the percentages in this case since you are doing a HP subtraction and adding some random in. You aren't just doing a straight compare to a loaded random. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bruddog, I opened your Mega Hack rom in Transhex and went to x4410 so I could copy your QB bytes for all the "play action" plays and thus (at least I think it would work this way) eliminate the computer-driven play action motion by the QB.  When I compared that section's bytes to the original game's, not a single play matched up, as if you moved those plays to a different place in the rom.  Can you tell me where the plays reside now?