Bruddog 11-12 Mega Hack version

bruddog

Rosters only accurate as of Sep5th. I don't like updating rosters constantly throughout the season.

bruddog_11-12_with_hacks.zip

HERE ARE THE HACKS INCLUDED. RED TEXT HACKS HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL TO THEM UNIQUE TO MY ROM

Most of these hacks are in place to offer a slighly more realistic gameplay experience while still retaining the tecmo feel. In general things are less absolute and more variable. Variety is good!

PASSING GAME

PASSING ARC HACK- The passing arcs for qbs were changed to roughly what a 50PS QB on the original rom was. Speed is unnaffected though. Low pass speed guys will no longer throw moon ball looking passes and high pass speed guys will no longer throw missle looking passes.

NEW PLAYER ATTRIBUTES HACK:

QB’s

PASS CONTROL: This determines how often if the ball is on target and how often a pass is completed vs defelected either in coverage or standing still.

AVOID INT : This determines how often if the ball the ball is intercepted in coverage or by a jumping defender. It also indirectly affects the amount of completions since the game checks for an interception first.

Defenders

INTERCEPTION - This determines how well a defender jumps and intercept a pass as well as how good he is at intercepting a pass in coverage

COVERAGE- This is a defenders version of pass control. It determines how good a defender is at preventing a pass from being caught.

PASS OVERTHOW TABLE HACK – Thers is a table that is used when a QB attempts a pass over about 15 yards to determine if the pass is on target,. If not on target it is overthrown or underthrown. On the original game the off target percentages ranged from 90%(bad QB) to 50% (good QB). On my rom they range from 63% to 54%. All QB’s have roughly the same overthrow percentage (43%). Bad QB’s like on the original game will short arm and misthrow more balls. Check the appendix for a detailed comparison.

QB WR_DEFENDER PROBABILITY TABLE HACK – The simple answer to what this does is that it smooths out the differences between the great QB+WR combos and the awful QB WR-combos. Also the new table allows for more players to be able to make jumping interceptions on QBs. Check the appendix for a detailed comparison.

QB’s FUMBLE MOREQB’s fumble at a 13% clip instead of 5% clip. QB’s fumble 20% of the time on sacks in the NFL so this improved numbers makes taking sacks and running excessively

the risky endeavors they should be.

OL VS DL HACK- Previously a DL would only bust in if their was a 25HP difference. Now a DL has a sliding percentage. Starting at 17% if the HP for the OL and DL is even. Likewise an OL would only pancake a DL if his HP was 50 more than the DL. Now it starts at 10% if the HP is even and increases from there. Check the appendix for a detailed comparison.

NEW INTERCEPTION RETURN HACK- Like before this hack allows defenders to make exciting game breaking interceptions based on their maximum speed. However I adjusted the old hack to give better speed boosts and a HP boost to allow for more returns.

RUNNING GAME

GRAPPLE HACK

vs COM- The computer may be able to outgrapple now. Although it will be very unlikely unless you have a very low HP player.

vs MAN

On the old game if a person could outtap you they won 100% of the grapples. This makes for very silly things like a QB being able to outgrapple a LB every time. My grapple hack is a randomized and HP weighted and the advantage is given to the defense. A great tapper will have about a 10% advantage on defense and offense for a cumulative 20% advantage. The defense will win 80% of the grapples if all things are equal.

PLAYBOOK/PLAYS

DOUBLED UP RUN BLITZ- The playbook has been re-organized to sweeps (Runs 1 & 2) and up the middle/off tackle runs (Runs 3 and 4). You will have double the chance of blitzing a run because picking run 1 OR run 2 on defense will cause a blitz if either run 1 or run 2 is select on offense. The same goes for runs 3 and 4.

Examples

Offense: Run 1 + Defense: Run 2 = Blitz

Offense Run 1 + Defense Run 1 = Blitz

Offense Run 1 + Defense Run 3 = No Blitz

Offense Run 3 + Defense Run 4 = Blitz

PLAY ACTION PASSES MADE USEABLE- I removed the actual “fake” by the QB and lengthy sequences after it. It’s up to you to sell it. This adds another dimension to playbook selection.

RANDOM HP BOOSTS REMOVED: I removed the random 25 HP boosts. They weren’t consistently used across enough plays so I just removed them.

PLAYS REORGANIZED AND DUPLICATED- I got rid of the truly unuseable plays and reorganized and copied plays to make for a wider variety of playbook selection.

GENERAL GAME PLAY HACKS

15 MIN QUARTERS – A 15 minute accelerated clock is used to add a sense of realism. It plays out as if the original game had 6 minute quarters..

PRESEASON INJURIES ON – Set to a rate of about 3%. If you grind your star RB the entire game there is a good chance he may get injured.

PLAYER 2 CONDITION FIX- This is a hack that fixes a bug where the player 2 attributes were not displayed properly.

SHORTER FG’s – The max FG range has been to reduced to roughly 65 yards.

SHORTER PUNTS- The max punt distance is now roughly 65 yards

PUNT RETURN IMPROVEMENT- You will occasionally get two extra blockers coming back to help you. Additionally 1 out of every 10 punts or so your pt returner will get a super boost.

MORE ACCURATE FG’s – In general the arrow doesn’t move as far for kickers making FG’s more likely.

"DOUBLED UP RUN BLITZ" -- so this basically changes the likelihood of the defense calling your play to 1 in 6 instead of the TSB standard 1 in 8? Kind of like a middle ground between TB and TSB?

I don't know how I feel about it. I'm curious why would you do that?

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

In reality those odds aren't correct. Your real odds are already better than 1 in 8 since people aren't picking plays at random. The real odds are closer to 1 in 5 or 1 in 6. People don't bother picking the easily defeated runs on defense. Likewise the offense doesn't run them often

On defense based on the man vs man data I've collected. People are picking a pass play much more often. Its too costly not to.

The split is something like 70pct pass defense picked to 30pct run defense picked. Say you run a balanced offense 50pct pass and 50 pct run. Before I would on average pick 30pct x 50pct x 25pct(correct run)= 4pct if you were truly random with your run selection. This hack would make it so I picked 30x 50x 50 = 7pct of your run plays. A very small difference.

I also re- arranged the playbook to give some better run play combinations so the doubling is kind of a counter balance. I've played maybe 10 man vs man games and its a very subtle difference.

okay I crunched throught the data set I have

people on offense picked

run1: 10.5pct

run2: 11.5 pct

run3: 16.6 pct

run4: 5.2 pct

people on defense picked

run1: 6pct

run2 5.2 pct

run3 14.6 pct

run 4: 3.1pct

Ill save you the probabilitty math... before I had a 3 pct chance of picking you're run 3 or run 1(in the new rom runs 3 and 1 are 1 and 2) Now I have a 5.5 pct chance. On runs 2 and 4 my chances have improved from 0.7 pct to 1.4pct.

So overall I've gone from a 3.8 pct chance of picking your run play to a 7 pct chance. My odds have almost doubled but the absolute increase is small.

while I think it's an interesting idea (double-up run blitz) and since you moved the plays around, shows me you have a master plan, I don't see where you're coming up with this 7% number. and I don't think people pick plays (D or O) at random at all.

standard- if I wanted to stop your run (actually blitz it) and I picked run and you picked run, I have a 1 in 4 chance = 25%. Now with the 'double-up blitz', if I want to stop your run I only have to make a choice of 1 in 2 = 50%.

if I want to stop your pass, I have 1 in 4 chance of blitzing it. same as standard.

pretending I am someone else here for a minute: if I had no idea if you were going to run or pass and I didn't care what I stopped or how I stopped it, and I let the force guide my fingers to select a random play, ah fergit it.

but anyways, nice work here - really plays good. I like "PUNT RETURN IMPROVEMENT- You will occasionally get two extra blockers coming back to help you. Additionally 1 out of every 10 punts or so your pt returner will get a super boost." that's another good idea.

First before I go into the math again. Yes you had a 1/4 shot of picking my running play play but that's ONLY if you know I am picking run. So your effective chances are now down to

1/4 * 1/2(chance you guess run when I guess run). This brings us back to the 1/8 chance of picking any play. OK NOW HERE IS THE BIG DEAL. BECAUSE OF THE WAY TECMO DEFENSE WORKS YO CANT CALL RUN 50% OF THE TIME BECAUSE THE PASS DEFENSE IS SO POOR IF YOU PICK RUN WHEN THEY PICK PASS. THERE S A BETTER CHANCE OF STOPPING A RUN WHEN YOU PICK PASS THAN VICE VERSA. Because of this over the 50 game sample I looked at people called run defenses only 30% of the time.

In an AVERAGE game 30% is he max number of run plays you cold blitz. But since there is no such thing as on obvious running down in tecmo... well you need to cut that number in half again since half the time you guess run the other person will be guessing pass.

That brings you down to a 30% * 50%= 15% average amount of RUN plays picked

But wait you have to pick the correct run play out of 4. That brings you down to

15% * 25% = 3.75% Now the real odds are slightly better than this. Based on he 50 game sample the real odds were 4.5%

But in my rom you have a 50% chance of guessing the right run. So going back to the above line

15%*50%= 7.5%!! so the real odds would be double or about 9%.

So even though your chance of guessing the right run is 25% more than before, due to the fact you don't know when I will be running and the fact that picking

heavy run defense is not a good strategy the effective amount of blitzes you get is only 4% higher.

So with this rom you should be be blitzing about 9% of my run plays and (0.7*0.5*0.25) about 9% of my pass plays. What do you know even! You'd think I planned that or something.

what if you are playing a team that isn't balanced and you have a good defender. one that has a weak passing game - a team that is probably going to try to run most of the game and pass on occasion? but you've eliminated 2 of their 4 relevant plays!

I mean, what about those guys who roll with Stephens and the Pats - this hack will ruin that team. :wink:

find yourself a QB then. :wink: ha ha.

just like the nfl if you cant pass well enough to keep the defense honest your're probable not going tbe able to run very well as teams load up the box. And your probably not going to win very often without at least a decent qb unless you have an elite defense.

Case in point....I give you the 2011 Vikings. Great RB...shitty pass offense...0-3

find yourself a QB then. :wink: ha ha.

just like the nfl if you cant pass well enough to keep the defense honest your're probable not going tbe able to run very well as teams load up the box. And your probably not going to win very often without at least a decent qb unless you have an elite defense.

Case in point....I give you the 2011 Vikings. Great RB...shitty pass offense...0-3

rufless!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll echo TeBowl's question -- does that OL/DL grapple hack apply to all players on the field?  I hope so, because it's a great idea.

Also, has anyone considered creating a "Limited Deep Passing" hack that limits how far a QB can throw the ball downfield based on his Passing Speed?  My thought is this:

81 PS = 70 yards in air

75 PS = 65 yards

69 PS = 60 yards

63 PS = 55 yards

56 PS = 50 yards

50 PS = 45 yards . . . and everything under 50 PS stays at 45 yards

Effortlessly throwing the ball 100 yards downfield is pretty crazy.

I'll echo TeBowl's question -- does that OL/DL grapple hack apply to all players on the field?  I hope so, because it's a great idea.

Also, has anyone considered creating a "Limited Deep Passing" hack that limits how far a QB can throw the ball downfield based on his Passing Speed?  My thought is this:

81 PS = 70 yards in air

75 PS = 65 yards

69 PS = 60 yards

63 PS = 55 yards

56 PS = 50 yards

I would say that throwing the ball down the field 100 yards is not crazy......IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!

With the speed of defenders, if you can only throw 45 yards, the defender only has to keep short and JJ deep.  With no threat of the deep ball it elimiates what makes TSB great.

I love playing someone and scrambling around in the pocket and watching my defender's arrow and guessing if he's covering the guys deep or if he is playing short, then using the arrow to try to sway is decision to cover a different WR and leave the WR I want to throw to open.  It's like a mind game.

Edited by philleyOphish

That's why it would be useful NOT to have 50 PS quarterbacks.  There are plenty of 63+ PS QB's in the game (at least, in Drummer's rom).

In my opinion, JJ's are coin-flip dramas based too much on chance at the expense of skill, and thus deter gameplay.

The mind games stay very much alive with a QB that can throw 55 yards downfield or greater.  I promise. 

Thought about it once but you need to massively overhaul the defenses and passing plays or it totally nerfs the value of passing. 

I think it might. I have to think about it. 

I've thought about it but it would be a VERY difficult non trivial hack as the QB essentially throws to the end of the WR's current route. 

Beyond my ability for sure. 

But in general deep passing has to exist since the short passing game is poor in tecmo. Things like slants don't work in tecmo. 

81 PS = 70 yards in air

75 PS = 65 yards

69 PS = 60 yards

63 PS = 55 yards

56 PS = 50 yards

Thought about it once but you need to massively overhaul the defenses and passing plays or it totally nerfs the value of passing. 

I think it might. I have to think about it. 

I've thought about it but it would be a VERY difficult non trivial hack as the QB essentially throws to the end of the WR's current route. 

Beyond my ability for sure. 

But in general deep passing has to exist since the short passing game is poor in tecmo. Things like slants don't work in tecmo. 

I didn't realize a potential hack like that would be so complex.  Thanks for your feedback on that.  Bruddog, does your OL/DL grapple hack apply to everyone on the field?

• 1 month later...

OK, I found your COM vs. COM Grappling hack (I think) by combing through the forum, but I'm a litte confused because the code you listed in the forum is not the same found in your Mega Hack game.

For the awesome COM vs. COM grappling (a.k.a. dynamic OL/DL) hack, I believe it's:

At x28360: B1 AE 38 F1 3E 91 AE A5 3D 29 3F 18 71 AE 30 0B C9 0E 90 07 C9 34 90 06 4C 0F 84 4C 84 84 20 36 B1 EA EA EA EA EA EA

. . . but is that a previous version of your hack?  I've tested it and love it, but I'd prefer to have the latest and greatest version if that's not it.

Also, I can't find your HP and defensive-weighted MAN vs. MAN grappling hack.  I found this one but I'm pretty sure it's a more primitive version:

At x2BF50: A0 1C B1 AE C8 18 71 AE 4A 91 AE A5 3C 29 1F 18 71 AE 91 AE A0 1C B1 3E C8 18 71 3E 4A 91 3E A5 3D 29 1F 18 71 3E 91 3E  B1 3E 60

I aslo found this at x2852E but I'm not sure if it applies here: 20 76 BF EA D1 AE

As for MAN vs. COM Grappling, I found jstout's version at x2BF50 but not bruddog's.  I'm wondering how I can change jstout's to weight more for HP to reduce the emphasis on great tapping skills.

So, can you tell me if I have the most updated hacks for the COMvs.COM and MANvs.MAN grappling?  I'm almost positive that the MANvs.MAN code is old.

Thanks.