Removing Teams from Roms

fatcheerleader

I've been trying to figure out how to make a rom with less teams. I know, I know, it's weird being that everyone on here wants there to be more teams but sometimes people may want to make a rom with only 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, or whatever and I want to know how to do it. I can edit out the team names and abbreviations, erase a few helmets, and tweak the schedule but the playoffs are still a mess and it's just not as good as it should be. It's too cluttered. There are some clean versions out there but some are kind of messy in that some people may have created a 19 team rom from the original 28 team rom but the other 9 are still visible. I want the roms to be exactly those numbers of teams visible.

philleyOphish's site (tecmosb.com) has these versions in his "all" download. I've listed some of the versions with less than 28 or 32 teams.

TSB X XFL = 8 teams

TSB X CFL Version 2 (no roster update) = 8 teams

TSB X CFL = 9 teams

TSB X World League = 10 teams

TSB X Arena Football League 2010 = 15 teams (This rom is what I'm talking about. Super tight and clean - The Standard! [jstout, cxrom, elway])

TSB X CIFL 2008 = 15 teams

TSB X Arena Football League = 19 teams

TSB X Arena Football League 3 = 19 teams

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I've been trying to figure out how to make a rom with less teams. I know, I know, it's weird being that everyone on here wants there to be more teams but sometimes people may want to make a rom with only 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, or whatever and I want to know how to do it. I can edit out the team names and abbreviations, erase a few helmets, and tweak the schedule but the playoffs are still a mess and it's just not as good as it should be. It's too cluttered.

I'll have to find my notes with all the main information and post that later.

Anyway, the actual removal of the teams isn't very hard. For the editing the playoffs the key is how many divisions. If there are 6 divisions (3 per conference), you just need to change a section that holds the amount and which teams are in the division (4 and 5 teams is default, less and you have to edit the standings screen). If there are less than 6 divisions (like the CIFL rom), you have to edit the above plus edit how it determines who makes the playoffs and where the are placed in the playoff brackets. If the number of teams making the playoffs is less than normal amount then you'll have to edit the playoff brackets and edit which is the first playoff game.

Posts below contain useful or example info to the above:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8625

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3849

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11850

• 5 months later...