CIFL 7 on 7

jstout

This rom is based upon the 2008 season of the Continental Indoor Football League. The league is 7 on 7 and on an indoor 50-yard field.

Features include:

2008 CIFL rosters and schedule

7 on 7 football

50-yard field

new playbooks

new graphics

cxrom's playbook changer

many many extra hacks created by myself

Many thanks to exit322 for his knowledge and information for the league.

This is a new look and feel for TSB that I hope everyone can enjoy. If you have any questions about the league feel free to ask.

Updates:

Version 2B - Player 2 Condition Fix and Tackle code for league play

Version 2 - Possession-style Overtime and small fixes

Version 1B - Playoffs reduced to just 8 teams

CIFL_08.zip

:evil: WHOA! :lol:

Great job. This is fantastic. One of the best modified Roms I have ever seen. I don't know much about the league, but his rom is fun.

Simply amazing. Looks very professional as if it was supposed to be that way.

Thank you for sharing. I love it. It'll keep me busy for a while.

One thing with gameplay you'll notice is that the teams are not as "evenly talented" as in original Tecmo. That's because the league itself, though far better than it was in 2006 and 2007, still has a disparate talent level. There are "haves" and "have nots." Winning the CIFL Bowl with Rochester will likely be easier than it is for SF in the old game...and conversely winning it with New Jersey or Milwaukee is probably harder than the Pats would've been (Jersey, though, has a decent quarterback and a pretty good defense...Milwaukee's offense is pretty solid, but their defense is putrid).

HOLY $#IT!!!!!!!! :(:?:evil::lol:

AMAZING!!!!

You have converted me to an NES fan and a CIFL fan, all in one shot with this amazing fine ass piece of work. i played one game and Im hooked. I was down 28 points in the 4th quarter and came within 10 points for the final. Very intense action!

I believe, in my opinion, that the nes version is better suited for this kind of rom AFL, CIFL and so on. Wow guys! Thankyou very much for this treat. It's going on my PSP,(thanks drummer), tonight. I'm gonna take the worst team and COA them to a championship.

One thing with gameplay you'll notice is that the teams are not as "evenly talented" as in original Tecmo. That's because the league itself, though far better than it was in 2006 and 2007, still has a disparate talent level. There are "haves" and "have nots." Winning the CIFL Bowl with Rochester will likely be easier than it is for SF in the old game...and conversely winning it with New Jersey or Milwaukee is probably harder than the Pats would've been (Jersey, though, has a decent quarterback and a pretty good defense...Milwaukee's offense is pretty solid, but their defense is putrid).

Try a game as Saginaw vs Rochester. I had my rear handed to me within minutes in the first quarter, and they never stopped slaughtering me. Still a fun game though, I must say. Lately I've been playing as New England, seems to be a decent team, we'll see as I play more games.

Great work on the rom jstout. This has got to be up there with the 32 team rom. :evil:

And Saginaw won the CIFL Bowl in real life (over Kalamazoo) - Rochester would've been the prohibitive favorite, but they had been looking to leave the CIFL for whatever reason for quite awhile...and did...right before the playoffs started.

Teams not returning to the CIFL in real life for 2009 (indoor football has some issues, let's just leave it at that) include Rochester, Saginaw, Muskegon, Chesapeake (all to the new IFL), Lehigh Valley (who knows where), Kalamazoo (folded), New England (probably folded), and New Jersey (trying some sort of independent schedule, since everyone around them left the CIFL).

The CIFL looks, for 2009, to include:

West - Chicago, Rock River, Milwaukee, Madison (expansion), Fort Wayne

East - Kalamazoo (unless they fold, which I think they will), Flint (could also fold), Marion, Miami Valley, Wheeling (expansion)

And Saginaw won the CIFL Bowl in real life (over Kalamazoo) - Rochester would've been the prohibitive favorite, but they had been looking to leave the CIFL for whatever reason for quite awhile...and did...right before the playoffs started.

Teams not returning to the CIFL in real life for 2009 (indoor football has some issues, let's just leave it at that) include Rochester, Saginaw, Muskegon, Chesapeake (all to the new IFL), Lehigh Valley (who knows where), Kalamazoo (folded), New England (probably folded), and New Jersey (trying some sort of independent schedule, since everyone around them left the CIFL).

The CIFL looks, for 2009, to include:

West - Chicago, Rock River, Milwaukee, Madison (expansion), Fort Wayne

East - Kalamazoo (unless they fold, which I think they will), Flint (could also fold), Marion, Miami Valley, Wheeling (expansion)

Yeah, I did quite a bit of reading on the CIFL after playing this. Seems odd that I lose rather quickly when playing as Saginaw though they won the real bowl. Maybe I'm more of a newb than I thought though, which is always a possibility.

I'm wondering/hoping jstout might update this for the next season once more info (schedule, rosters for Madison and Wheeling, etc) becomes available. Before this rom, I knew nothing about CIFL, now I'm interested in it and hope it can work through the aforementioned unsaid issues (which are rather major). Plus this rom opens up the possibilities for more indoor league roms (the ones using the 7 man teams anyways) and hopefully indoor styled Tecmo leagues.

Wow, again, after starting a season and playing only 2 games, this is amazing. It's the same format that I play on thanksgiving morning. 3 Down Lineman and then 4 DBs.

I hope you realize that you have created the best non-NFL rom ever...

this is super fun. The graphics and gameplay are just amazing. I mean this looks like Tecmo themselves put this togthether. It's fun learning about new players and teams. I like the new formations. The players even seem to react differently. The work and time you must have put into this game...

8-0 Baby. I'm using chicago. I'm from Chicago and after looking at the teams, I figured, ah, what the hell, I'll be them.

Their pretty good.

Height is a good KR.

Ronnie Gordon at QB is very good, probably top 3 QB in the league.

WR Dontrell Jackson catches everything thrown his way. (75REC in avg condition)

your other WRs are Herron and Eubanks who both have 63REC.

Gilleand at DB is pretty good at defense.

sold team overall.

I've had some close games, but am still undefeated.

you can tell the juice is kicking in though. :D

This is a great game. can't wait to get throught the play offs.

Just finished my season. Went undefeated throughout. but very tuff, at one point, my starting QB, 2 Best WRs and my KR were all injured at the same time. Played in the CIFL bowl at the end and scored 98 points.

This game is truely amazing, all the way down to at the end, when you win the super bowl and the QB is doing the interview, the NFL sign is taken down. you must have put a ton of time into this game. I would like to play online.

I actually know a guy on the Muskegon Thunder. Missed part of the last season because of an ACL tear. Played a few games, mainly special teams I believe.

The hacks are incredibly well done. How you made 7-on-7 play so well, and you even have the WR starting to the line. Good stuff.

Wow, I might have to be a fan of this CIFL. This is crazy. This is something I have been wishing for. I thought 2k Sports would have picked up some league and made it awesome. Instead, jstout does it with Tecmo! This is the Tecmo breakthrough of the year!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I did quite a bit of reading on the CIFL after playing this. Seems odd that I lose rather quickly when playing as Saginaw though they won the real bowl. Maybe I'm more of a newb than I thought though, which is always a possibility.

I'm wondering/hoping jstout might update this for the next season once more info (schedule, rosters for Madison and Wheeling, etc) becomes available. Before this rom, I knew nothing about CIFL, now I'm interested in it and hope it can work through the aforementioned unsaid issues (which are rather major). Plus this rom opens up the possibilities for more indoor league roms (the ones using the 7 man teams anyways) and hopefully indoor styled Tecmo leagues.

Rosters, especially for the 50-yard leagues, change all the time. It's a very fluid dynamic. When I worked with the CIFL (then GLIFL) in 2006, the NY/NJ Revolution had 48 different players on their 21-man active roster throughout the season. Now, as the league and teams are more established, the average will be closer to 30, but still...there's a lot of revolving door action.

The CIFL will play in 2009, and with some of the recent developments (both public and nonpublic) that I've seen, I think it'll be the league's strongest year yet. Now, that's not saying as much as it should, but any progress is good progress right now. The major concern will be that there aren't 12 teams for the rom (since lowering the number of playoff teams isn't something jstout was able to do). But I think there could be ways around that for 2009.