About This File
NFL Blitz 20-16 BETA v2
Update for NFL Blitz 20-03 on GameCube
=== RELEASE NOTES ===
This is an incomplete update for the GameCube version of NFL Blitz 20-03. This is meant to be played using the Dolphin emulator. The rosters are based on the 2015 Week 1 rosters, but QB's, RB's, and WR's have been updated to the end of the season. The player ratings have been updated using the Madden 16 Week 4 ratings. Ratings have the same overall distribution as the original game. Most helmets and uniforms have also been updated.
However, this release is a beta because there are major things I have not yet figured out. I would REALLY like help with these, because the game isn't the same without these changed:
- Player skin color
- Team schedules
- General player size (height & weight can be adjusted, but there's also a size category that can make them very thick and wide like a fullback)
- Player name assignment for the announcer
- Jersey number color and style
Players who had season-ending injuries before Week 1 were excluded from this update:
Matt Elam, S, Baltimore
Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Carolina
Orlando Scandrick, CB, Dallas
Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay
Louis Delmas, S, Miami
Phil Loadholt, OT, Minnesota
=== INSTALLATION ===
This update requires that you own NFL Blitz 20-03 for GameCube, and have an ISO file of the game. If you do not own the game or do not have the ISO, please DO NOT ASK FOR THE GAME.
To play this game with the updated graphics, you must use the Dolphin emulator:
I recommend using the latest development version because, at the time this was written, the latest stable release is over two years old.
To update the rosters and ratings, you must edit the ISO file by injecting the files included in the "ISO Files" directory. This process requires GCRebuilder:
1. Make a copy of your NFL Blitz 20-03 ISO file, and name it something like "NFL Blitz 20-16.iso".
2. Right-click on GCRebuilder and select "Run as Administrator".
3. Click on the "Image" menu at the top and select "Open".
4. Find the ISO file you created in step 1 and select it.
5. In the file browser on the right, right-click "opening.bnr" and select "Import". Find the "ISO Files" directory included in this update package and select "opening.bnr".
6. Repeat Step 5 for the "teamdata.zip" file.
7. Repeat Step 5 for the "Start.dol" file, which is inside of the "&&SystemData" folder.
At this point, the ISO has been patched, but the graphics and textures need to be placed into the appropriate Dolphin directory in order to be loaded:
1. Find the Dolphin "User" directory. If you have a regular Dolphin installation, the Dolphin directory will be in your Documents folder, and "User" will be under that. If you have a portable installlation of Dolphin, the "User" directory is created in the Dolphin directory when you first launch the application.
2. Find the "Dolphin Files" folder that is included in this update package. Copy the "User" folder into your Dolphin folder. If you have opened Dolphin before, it should overwrite the existing "User" folder. This will only copy the textures for this game, and won't erase or overwrite anything else.
By default, Dolphin does not enable custom textures. This option must be changed in the graphics settings:
1. Click the Options menu at the top and select "Graphics Settings"
2. Go to the "Advanced" tab
3. Check the box for "Load Custom Textures"
I also recommend the following graphics options:
- Aspect Ratio: Stretch to Window
- Widescreen Hack: Enabled
- Use Fullscreen: Enabled
- V-Sync: Enabled
- Hide Mouse Cursor: Enabled
- Internal Resolution: At least 2x (set higher if your system can handle it)
What's New in Version BETA v2 See changelog
Roster update: QB's, RB's, and WR's have been updated to the end of the season