About This File
TFO stands for "Tecmo Fantasy Owners". The idea and rom hack are ran by the TFO Commish Roger. The entire project is named "Tecmo Fantasy Owners Football League" or "TFO Football League".
Each team in the TFO Football League has been created by a different person; an Owner of a TFO Team. These owners set the stats, names, colors, logos, and superstar players for their team via an RPG like application they were sent. In essence they have "purchased" their dream teams.
After each owner submitted their team it was hacked into the original Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES. So all 24 teams are accessible from the hacked rom.
To make things more interesting instead of releasing the rom right away we documented the first full season of TFO Football on our website http://tfofootball.weebly.com. We have created an 11 week schedule with a full Tecmo Super Bowl playoff system in tact. These were all covered in games recorded for YouTube, some with commentary!
The 2013 season started Feb 2013 and ended in May 2013.
SO the question now is... Are You Ready For Some 8-bit Football???????
What's New in Version Final Version
- Current Changes to the ROM Include:
- -All 28 teams changed to original teams, with original stats and names (example: Cleveland Steamers, Westeros Guardians, Marvel Mutants, Portly Pounders, etc)
- -Only 24 teams accessible in Season mode (4 teams per division), other 4 teams are "secret" teams in Scrimmage.
- -Season Mode is 11 weeks long, with 4 weeks of Playoffs.
- -Pro-Bowl Updated for TFO players
- -Added random assortment of hacks to improve gameplay (like halftime stats)